My memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My memories

Post  Sheila Burry on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 am

I was born in East Ham Memorial Hospital and lived in a flat above Lovells wallpaper shop on the corner of Goldsmith Ave, next to the funeral directors until 1956 when my dad won some money on the football pools and we bought a house in Warwick Road I attended Essex Primary school and eventually went to a East Ham Grammar School for Girls. I remember the Colafrancescos, my Dad used to do odd jobs for them and when I had my daughter in Forest Gate Hospital Mr Colafrancescos collected me in his car. I eventually worked for Anthony's the chemist in the Romford Road. He had two other shops, one in Church Road and I often worked there and one in Walton Road. I was amazed to find that the pharmacy is now where the Three Rabbits used to be. I spent many a happy hour paddling in the lake on Wanstead Flats and going to Cranbrook/Valentines Park with my flask of orange squash and fish paste sandwiches. We don't have much reason to go bs k there now, although we do visit friends who live in Empress ave opposite the Flats.

Sheila Burry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top